There is a wide range of packs to choose from when it comes to finding the best backpack brands for hiking. But with all the different styles, materials and features, how do you know which one is right for you? Here are a few things to consider when making your decision.
First, think about the type of hiking you’ll be doing. Are you sticking to mostly short day hikes or do you have plans for some longer backpacking trips? The type of hiking you’ll be doing will dictate the size and type of pack you’ll need.
Next, take a look at the different materials packs are made from. There are packs made from traditional materials like canvas or nylon, as well as newer materials like Kevlar or Dyneema. Consider the weight of the pack, as well as the durability and weather resistance of the material.
Finally, check out the features offered by different brands. Some packs have features specifically for hikers, like built-in rain covers or hydration reservoirs. Others have more general features like adjustable straps or multiple compartments. Choose the pack with the features that are most important to you.
With these things in mind, you should be able to narrow down the field and find the best backpack brand for your hiking needs.
Top 10 Backpack Brands For Hiking
EVERFUN 18L Hydration Backpack with 2L Water Bladder BPA Free Lightweight Insulation Hiking Pack Tactical Backpack Men Women Hydration Day Rucksack for Cycling, Climbing, Camping, Hiking
- Comfortable and stable
- Hands free drinking
- Lots of storage
- BPA free
- Reflective strips
WoneNice 50L(45+5) Waterproof Hiking Backpack - Outdoor Sport Daypack with Rain Cover
- Comes with a rain cover
Osprey Daylite Plus Daypack, Black, One Size
- Large main compartment with good accessibility
- Dual stretch mesh side pockets
- Multi-function interior sleeve
- Front panel shove-it pocket
- Mesh-covered die-cut foam back panel
- None found
SKYSPER Small Hiking Backpack, 20L Lightweight Travel Backpacks Waterproof Hiking Daypack for Women Men
- Made of high-density 600D polyester fabric, which is impermeable, water-resistant, tear resistant and wear-resistant.
- All of the backpack's stress points and shoulder straps are reinforced with lap-knots to ensure long lasting durability.
- The breathable grooved carrying system keeps your back comfortable and relaxed during travel.
- The reflective design also increases visibility and makes night riding safer.
- None noted.
SKYSPER Lightweight Hiking Backpack 30L Water-resistant Camping Daypack, Back Pack for Travel, Outdoor Camp, Men Women
- Made of high quality, waterproof, and tear-resistant fabric
- Large capacity
- Not suitable for computer storage
- May take a while for the backplane to recover from being folded
Hiking Backpack, 40L+10L Lightweight Expandable Travel Backpack Flight Approved，Hiking Daypack Camping Backpack for Men Women
- Expandable and extra large capacity
- Ergonomic and comfortable design
- Made of high quality tear-resistant fabric
- Lightweight and breathable
- Meets size requirements for most airlines
40L Hiking Backpack, Outdoor Waterproof Travel Camping Sport Lightweight Daypack for Women Men (Black)
- Made of high quality and durable materials
- Large capacity with unique design
- Breathable mesh padding
- Quality and 100% money-back guarantee
TurnWay Water-Proof Sling bag/Crossbody Backpack/Shoulder Bag with USB Charging Port for Travel, Hiking, Cycling, Camping
- Lightweight and durable
- USB charging port
- Multiple compartments and pockets
- Fits any type of body
- None noted
WintMing 70L Camping Hiking Backpack Molle Rucksack Waterproof Traveling Daypack, No Internal Frame
- Made of 600D oxford fabric, water resistant, tearable, and anti-scratch
- Drawstring closure
- 1 laptop compartment
- 1 front zipper pocket
- 2 side pockets
- No internal frame
ALPHA CAMP Oversized Camping Folding Chair Heavy Duty Support 450 LBS Oversized Steel Frame Collapsible Padded Arm Chair with Cup Holder Quad Lumbar Back Chair Portable for Outdoor,Black
- Can hold up to 450 lbs
- Padded armrests and seat
- Cup holder and side storage pocket
- Side cooler bag
- Easy to set up and fold
- May be too large/ bulky for some
Best Backpack Brands For Hiking – Buyer’s Guide
When you’re looking for a backpack to take on a hiking trip, you want something that will be comfortable to carry, have enough room for all your gear, and be durable enough to withstand the elements. With so many different backpack brands out there, it can be hard to know where to start your search.
Here are our top picks for the best hiking backpacks:
Osprey Argon 85
With a comfortable and adjustable fit, the Osprey Argon 85 is perfect for long hikes. It has a spacious main compartment as well as several smaller pockets, so you can easily organize all your gear. The backpack is also made with durable materials, so it can stand up to rough conditions.
Arc’teryx Bora AR 61
The Arc’teryx Bora AR 61 is another great option for a hiking backpack. It’s slightly smaller than the Osprey Argon 85, but it still has plenty of room for all your gear. This backpack also has a great suspension system that will keep you comfortable even when you’re carrying a heavy load.
REI Co-op Traverse 70
The REI Co-op Traverse 70 is a great all-around backpack for hiking. It has a comfortable fit and plenty of room for all your gear. The backpack is also made with durable materials, so it can stand up to rough conditions.
These are just a few of the great backpack brands for hiking. Be sure to do your research to find the perfect backpack for your next hike.
John is the founder of Reseaerches.Guru, a website that provides comprehensive recommendations for products in a variety of categories. He is an expert in the field of consumer research and has helped countless people find the perfect product for their needs.