There is no one perfect tent for every backpacker, but there are some tents that stand out as being particularly well-suited for solo travelers. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best 1 person backpacking tents on the market, as well as some things to keep in mind when choosing a tent for your next solo adventure.
Top 10 1 Person Backpacking Tents
Clostnature 1-Person Tent for Backpacking - Ultralight One Person Backpacking Tent, Hiking Tent for One Man, Solo, Single Person
- Quick and easy setup
- Good ventilation
- May be too small for some people
- Not as durable as some other tents
Naturehike Backpacking Camping Tent 1 Person Ultralight Waterproof Compact Portable Lightweight for Outdoor Hiking Cycling Bikepacking, 3-4 Season, Easy Setup, Anti-UV, Large Size with Footprint
- large size for one person
- seam waterproof & durable
- packs small & sturdy
- instant easy setup
- satisfaction guarantee
ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1-Person Backpacking Tent
- Easy to set up
- Resists water and UV damage
- Includes a vestibule for extra storage space
- Features a gear loft and storage pockets
- Some users report that the fabric is not as durable as they would like
MC Backpacking Tent 1-2 Person Waterproof Lightweight Double Layer Free-Standing Aluminum Pole for Outdoor Camping Hiking 3 Season
- Waterproof & windproofLightweight & strong aluminum polesDouble layer for warmthQuick & easy setupVersatile uses1 year warranty
- None noted
Winterial Single Person Personal Bivy Tent - Lightweight One Person Tent with Rainfly, 2lbs 9oz, Stakes, Poles and Guylines Included, Backpacking and Hiking Bivy Tent (Olive Green & Orange)
- Lightweight and packs small
- Fast and easy setup
- Durable and waterproof
- Features a convenient internal pocket and all-metal poles and stakes
- One person only
- May not be suitable for extreme weather conditions
SEMOO 3 Person Camping Tents 4-Season Double Layers Lightweight Family Tent Easy Setup for Backpacking Hiking Traveling
- Can accommodate up to three people
- Durable materials
- Good windproof performance
- Excellent ventilation performance
- Comfortable and convenient
- Lightweight and spacious
1 Person and 2 Person Trekking Pole Tent for Backpacking - Ultralight Backpacking Tent, Waterproof Hiking Tent for Camping, Lightweight Camping Tent for Scouts, Trekker(NO Trekking Poles!!!)
- Can be pitched with trekking poles or any stick longer than 46 inches
- Ultralight and easy to carry
- Waterproof and durable
- Fantastic design with great ventilation
- Reduces condensation
- No trekking poles provided
- Limited lifetime warranty
Kelty Late Start 1 Person - 3 Season Backpacking Tent (2020 Updated Version of Kelty Salida Tent)
- single person tent
- water resistant
- freestanding design
- only one door
Camping Tent for 1 to 2 Person,Lightweight Backpacking Tent, Easy Setup Waterproof Family Tents for Hiking, Mountaineering & Outdoor
- Very roomy for one person, can sleep up to two people
- Lightweight, only 4.6 lbs
- Easy to set up, no experience necessary
- Extra storage space in vestibule
- Mesh walls provide optimal ventilation
- May be too small for some families
camppal 1 Person Tent for Camping Hiking Mountain Hunting Backpacking Tents 4 Season Resistance to Windproof Rainproof and Waterproof
- Very light
- easy to set up
- extended length
- quick setup
Best 1 Person Backpacking Tents – Buyer’s Guide
When you’re out in the wilderness, a good tent is essential for a comfortable night’s sleep. But with so many different tents on the market, how do you know which one is right for you? This buyer’s guide will help you choose the best 1 person backpacking tent for your needs.
Here are some things to consider when choosing a 1 person backpacking tent:
· Size and weight – Make sure the tent is large enough for you and your gear, but don’t go too big or heavy or it will be a pain to carry.
· Cost – tents can range in price from under $100 to over $500. Decide how much you’re willing to spend before you start shopping.
· Setup – some tents can be tricky to put up, so make sure you choose one that’s easy to set up and take down.
· Material – most tents are made from either nylon or polyester. Nylon is lighter and typically more expensive, while polyester is heavier but more durable.
· Seasonality – three-season tents are good for spring, summer, and fall, while four-season tents can handle winter weather as well.
Now that you know what to look for, here are some of the best 1 person backpacking tents on the market:
· REI Co-op Half Dome 1 – This versatile tent is great for all kinds of weather and is easy to set up.
· Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL1 – This ultralight tent is perfect for backpackers who are looking to save weight.
· Marmot Tungsten UL1 – This tent has a great weight-to-space ratio and comes with a variety of features to keep you comfortable.
· MSR Hubba Hubba NX – This tent is lightweight and offers plenty of space for one person and their gear.
· Black Diamond Firstlight – This is a great option for those who want a lightweight and easy-to-use tent.
No matter what your needs are, there’s a 1 person backpacking tent out there that’s perfect for you. With this buyer’s guide, you’ll be able to find the perfect tent for your next backpacking adventure.
John is the founder of Reseaerches.Guru, a website that provides comprehensive recommendations for products in a variety of categories. He is an expert in the field of consumer research and has helped countless people find the perfect product for their needs.